Last Modified: January 5, 2022 - Effective Date: January 5, 2022
Droproot (“Droproot”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) knows that you care how your information is used and shared. As part of our commitment to customer service, Droproot strives to make you feel safe and comfortable doing business with us. Here are some guidelines Droproot follows regarding our collection and use of your information – including your Personal Information – and our efforts to keep your Personal Information private. Droproot reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time in our sole discretion.
This Privacy Statement informs you about how we collect, use, protect, and disclose your information when you visit and shop at the Droproot family of websites at www.Droproot.com, www.Droprootpro.com, www.duralastparts.com, (“Websites”), via the Droproot mobile app or the Droproot Pro mobile app (“Apps”), at our Droproot retail stores across the United States (“Stores”), or when you use any of the other services that we may make available to you (collectively, “Services”). This Privacy Statement also informs you about certain choices and rights you have associated with your information, and how you can manage the privacy of your Personal Information. Please note that this Privacy Statement does not govern the practices of third parties, including our partners, third party service providers, and/or advertisers, even when those services are branded as, or provided on behalf of, Droproot. Information collected from you by others, such as third-party websites that you access through links on the Website, are governed by those entities’ privacy policies. Please read such third party’s privacy policies carefully.
The data collection and use practices for the Droproot Websites are largely similar to how Droproot collects customer information when you visit the Apps or our Store locations. However, there may be some differences between how the App collects and uses your information, and how information is collected and used by the Websites or in Stores. These differences will be identified throughout this policy.
Information We Collect
Droproot may collect certain personal information about you in order to provide and improve our Services to you. The following information describes the categories of personal information Droproot may have collected in the preceding twelve months and the categories of sources from which that information may have been collected.
“Personal Information” means information about a particular individual or household that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, could be reasonably linked with, or could be used to directly or indirectly identify that person or household (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession). It may also include other information that may be associated with your Personal Information, such as Generic Information (defined below), location, preferences or interests, if that information can be used to identify you, your household, or your device.
Business Information (for the Droproot Pro Website & Droproot Pro Mobile App): Droproot Pro, its Website, App, and Services are business-to-business services provided to our commercial customers to help them meet their business needs. As such, much of the information that we collect from our Droproot Pro customers relate to their business, including their business’ name, address, zip code, telephone number, email address, financial account information to facilitate transactions with Droproot Pro, vehicle information, and other information related to their business. Additionally, Droproot Pro may need to collect information related to an individual’s role within the company to fulfill an order or inquiry with Droproot Pro, such as the individual’s name, title, location, telephone number, email address, other contact information, information related to an “Droproot Commercial” Account with the Website, and other information. We will also collect your email address and a password that you choose when you request an “Droproot Commercial” account with the Websites.
Personal Information: Droproot may collect the following “Personal Information” about you when you use our Services: your name, address, zip code, telephone number, email address, gender, age, date of birth, and information about your automobile (such as your Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”) and year). Droproot may also collect your credit card information and billing address when you provide Droproot with such information, such as when you buy products in our Stores and on our website; however your payment card information is passed securely to our payment card processor and is not stored by Droproot. We will also collect your email address and a password that you choose when you create a personal “Mydroproot Account” with the Websites or “My Account” account within the Apps. We may also collect location-related information and information related to your purchase and product interest history.
Generic Information: Generic Information may include data that relates to Website pages viewed and visit duration, App usage, device information, your IP address information, your browser or operating system information, or other information that relates to your interaction with our websites or Apps. In some situations, Generic Information may be used or combined in a way that it identifies you, your company, or your position within your company. In those situations, such information will be treated like Business Information or Personal Information, as applicable.
Cookies & Tracking Data: The Websites and Apps may use third party products and services to gather anonymous traffic statistics using cookies and web beacons. A cookie is a small piece of information stored on your device that helps the Websites, Apps and multiple servers recognize you. Droproot and its third-party service providers may also use other tracking technologies such as pixels, or transparent GIF files, for app and web site management and user tracking.
Some of the cookies we use are “strictly necessary” for the functionality of our Websites and Apps. Others improve the functionality of our Websites and Apps but are not strictly necessary. Some cookies help improve the performance of our Websites and Apps (such as by gathering analytic data), while others help provide targeted services to you (like ads that you may be interested in).
Examples of cookies we use include:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Services. Session cookies are temporary and are automatically deleted once you close your Internet browser.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings. Preference cookies are first party cookies that remain on your computer or device until you delete them, or they are otherwise removed upon expiration.
- Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, and Transparent GIFs. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on app or website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages.
- Other Technologies. We collect many different types of information from other technologies to improve the quality of our Website and the services we provide. For example, we may collect Usage Data and other information about the device you use to access our Apps and Websites, your operating system and/or mobile device type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. We may record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
Your Cookie Choices
Personal Information Collected over the Last 12 Months
Droproot has not collected any other types of Personal Information from our customers and visitors over the last 12 months.
How We Collect Your Information
Droproot collects your information in a few ways: there is information that you give us, information we obtain through your use of our Services – including our Websites and Apps – and information we obtain from third parties.
I. Information You Give Us: We collect information that you decide to share with us. At times, we may require you to provide certain information – including Personal Information – in order to use certain parts of our Apps and Websites, fulfill your requests with us, or provide you with certain Services. For instance, we will require you to provide your name, address, and payment card information when you make a purchase through our Apps and Websites. We may require you to provide your name, email address or other contact information when you contact us with a question or comment. If you establish a “MyDroproot” or “Droproot Rewards” account with us, we may require you to provide your name, an email address and telephone number, and create a password to create your account. We will require you to provide your email address if you choose to sign up for our mailing list. Droproot Pro will chiefly collect Business Information to fulfill orders between Droproot Pro and its commercial customers.
II. Information We Obtain When You Use Our Services: We collect certain information from you through your use of our Services, such as App and Website usage data and other Generic information. For instance, in using our Websites and Apps, we may collect information about the device you use to log into, access, and use the Websites and Apps. We may collect other Generic Information in relation to how you use our Websites, Apps, or other Services (for example, aggregate metrics on how often certain pages on our websites or Apps are accessed and viewed).
- Location Information: We may ask you to provide your location information when you use our Apps or Websites, to provide store locations in proximity as well as certain App features and Services. You may choose to disable location tracking; however, certain functions of the Websites and Apps not work properly if you do not share your location.
- Aggregate Data: We may use other Generic information such as aggregate data in relation to how you use our Websites, Apps, or other Services.
- Other: We collect generic network information to assure the proper optimization for Website and App functionality.
We also may collect information through the use of cookie, pixel tags, or other technologies, as described above.
Certain information is collected when you use our Apps, that may not be collected when you use our websites.
- Device Information and Settings: We may ask you to provide your location information when you use our Apps or Websites, to provide store locations in proximity as well as certain App features and Services. You may choose to disable location tracking; however, certain functions of the Websites and Apps not work properly if you do not share your location.
- Camera, Photos, and Media Files: As part of your experience, you can upload photos and images from your device to the Apps. In order to do so, the Apps may need to access or modify your camera, your photo gallery, or other parts of your device containing media files.
- Phone and Contacts: The Apps may request access to your device’s contacts. It may also need to access your device’s phone functions to directly call phone numbers and read phone status and identity.
III. Information We Obtain from Other Sources / Third Parties: We may also obtain information about you from third parties who help us provide our Services to you. For example, we may obtain information about your order or product return from our order fulfillment and delivery partners. We may also obtain some information from our marketing partners in order to inform you about products that we think you might be interested in. Finally, we may obtain information, including Generic Information and Business Information, that does not identify you directly, but which is used in a way that may transform the information into Personal Information. For instance, Droproot may receive warranty or product recall information from a part manufacturer or distributor related to a product that you purchased from us. We may combine that general information with your information in our national warranty database or other systems to provide related services to you.
How We Use Your Information
Business & Other Purposes for Collection
Droproot collects, processes, and uses your information to provide the Services that Droproot makes available to you. We therefore collect your information for a variety of reasons, including:
- To perform a contract with you – including processing and fulfilling your Droproot orders at our Website, Apps or at any of our Stores.
- When you have otherwise given us permission to do so – for example, when you sign up for the Duralast mailing list or for a “My Account” or an “Droproot Commercial” account and choose to receive special offers, promotions, news, surveys, and correspondence from Droproot, Droproot.com, Droproot Pro, and Droproot Rewards.
- To facilitate our business purposes in relation to the Services that we provide to you. These operational purposes may include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking tasks related to the operations of our Services including our Websites and Apps, including the placement of ads and/or providing customized content to our users.
- Maintenance and improvement of our Services, including the Websites and Apps.
- Detecting security incidents; and
- Debugging and repairing errors that impair the functionality of our Websites, Apps, or other Services.
- The collection is otherwise related to providing our Services to you. For example, we may collect your information:
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, like our online “Chat Now!” function.
- To provide customer support to you and our other members, customers, and visitors.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services.
- To monitor the usage of our Services.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To help you find nearby Droproot Store locations.
- To provide you with news (for instance, via a newsletter), special offers, marketing or promotional materials, and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired, or which we believe may be of interest to you, unless you have opted not to receive such information. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by contacting us at the contact information listed below, or by following the “unsubscribe” links in such email messages.
- To provide customized content to you on the Websites and Apps, and email messages we send you in connection with your use of the Websites and Apps, such as advertisements that may be selected for you based on your demographic information, interests, preferences, and purchase history.
- We may also use “automatically collected” information and “cookie” information to:
- personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Websites or Apps;
- provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information;
- monitor and analyze our effectiveness and third-party marketing activities;
- monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
How We Disclose or Share Your Information
I. Why We Disclose Your Information: Droproot may share customer Personal Information provided to Droproot with third parties who provide services and products to Droproot. Examples of ways in which your information may be used include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Order fulfillment – for instance, we will share your name, company name, and address with the companies that help us ship your order to you. We may also share information with our product suppliers.
- Redeeming Droproot Gift Cards or Droproot Merchandise Credits.
- Supporting our Droproot Rewards and other customer loyalty programs.
- Marketing activities including direct mail and e-mail marketing efforts.
- Database cleaning, maintenance, and analysis.
- Customer experience enhancements.
- Warranty management.
- To investigate, protect against and help prosecute individuals responsible for malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity involving or affecting Droproot, our Services, and/or our customers. This may include disclosures to law enforcement, prosecutors, and other entities to investigate potential criminal activity and other civil violations. To comply with applicable laws, in response to a lawful and enforceable request by a law enforcement, judicial, or other public authority, or in connection with an applicable legal obligation.
Droproot also collects, stores, and uses aggregate data that does not contain Personal Information, such as demographics or statistical information. This aggregate data may be shared with and used by third parties to help Droproot and its suppliers better understand and serve our customers.
II. Categories of Third Parties that Receive Personal Information: We share or otherwise disclose individuals’ and businesses’ personal information with the following categories of third parties. These third parties are granted access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose:
- Service / Fulfillment Providers: We employ third party fulfillment, shipment, transportation, and/or delivery providers, companies, individuals, and agents under contract with Droproot to facilitate and help us provide our Services to you (“Service Providers”). Such Service Providers perform tasks or functions on our behalf, provide fulfillment and other services, or assist us in analyzing how our Services are used or delivered. For instance, we will share your name and address with product suppliers and delivery companies as necessary to fulfill your orders with Droproot. We pass on the payment card information that you provide to use either in store or online with our payment card processors to fulfill your order. We share your account information with those providers that help us manage our Droproot Rewards and other customer loyalty programs. We also disclose information to our database and cloud storage providers that help us maintain our Website and other systems.
- Other Droproot Entities: We may share or disclose your information to other entities in the Droproot family.
- Marketing Partners: We may also from time to time provide your information to our marketing partners to help us provide information about our Services to you, including promotions or coupons we think you may be interested in. Often this information is masked in such a way that it does not directly identify you; however, we may share your Personal Information with such Marketing Partners on occasion.
III. Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for Business Purposes: Droproot Pro is a business-to-business service for our commercial customers, and not for individual customers. Therefore, the majority of information shared is your Business Information or Generic Information as it relates to your role within your company. Additionally, we may share your Personal Information related to our business purposes outlined above. Most importantly, we need to share your name, your address, your payment information, the items you have requested to purchase, and any other information related your product order with those Fulfillment Providers necessary to complete your order (such as our payment card processor, and our shipment, transportation, and/or delivery providers). We may at times need to share certain Generic Information, such as your IP address and/or browser information, in relation to maintaining our Website, providing you with advertisement or other marketing or providing other Services. At times such Business Information or Generic Information may be used in a manner that may reasonably identify or be linked to you and qualify as Personal Information.
IV. Categories of Personal Information Sold: Droproot is not in the business of selling its customers' Personal Information to others. Droproot does not sell, rent or lease its customers' Business Information or Personal Information to third parties. Droproot does not sell the Personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Please note that a “sale” of Personal Information does not include those instances when such information is part of a merger, acquisition, or other transaction involving all or part of our business. If we sell all or part of our business or make a sale or transfer of assets or are otherwise involved in a merger or other business transaction, we may transfer your Personal Information to a third party as part of that transaction. If such transaction materially affects the manner in which your Personal Information is processed, we will notify you of such change prior to its implementation.
Droproot will retain your Business Information and Personal Information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. We will retain and use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies, and other commercial, retail and/or marketing purposes.
Transfer of Data
Droproot’s Services are offered and available to individuals in the United States of America. While our Websites and Apps are available for anyone who is interested in Droproot and Droproot Pro, we do not sell or make available any products, goods, or other services to individuals outside of the United States, including the European Union. Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to United States and process it there. If you are located in the European Union, you should be aware that U.S. data protection laws are not deemed to be as adequate as those in the European Union. Your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, and destruction, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. By using or Websites, Apps, and Services, you acknowledge that there are data security and privacy limitations inherent to the use of the Internet, and that the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information exchanged between you and Droproot, or between you and other related entities, cannot be guaranteed. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or that we store, and you do so at your own risk.
We use third-party payment processors to process any transactions you make with Droproot, including via our Websites and Apps. The processing of those transactions is governed by the payment processors’ privacy statement and security practices. Droproot is not responsible for the third-party payment processors’ data security practices.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (“CalOPPA”)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser. We may track consumers’ online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services. As we mentioned elsewhere, you can modify your browser’s settings to change its acceptance of tracking technologies.
Third parties may collect data that relates to you. We cannot control third parties’ responses to do-not-track signals or other such mechanisms. Third parties’ use of data relating to you and responsiveness to do-not-track signals is governed by their respective privacy policies.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents are afforded certain rights related to their information under state law. Droproot aims to take reasonable steps to allow California residents to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Information, and exercise other rights available under applicable law. Droproot informs you that, where applicable under relevant law, individuals may be entitled to the following:
- Right to Access / Disclosure: to have access to your Personal Information upon simple request – that is, you may receive a copy of such data upon receipt of a verifiable request, along with other information related to the collection or processing.
- Disclosure of Direct Marketers: to have access upon simple request, and free of charge, the categories and names of addresses of third parties that have received Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. Please see the “Direct Marketers Disclosure” section below for more information.
- Collecting, Selling, Sharing, or Disclosing Personal Information: upon receipt of a verifiable request, to obtain a list of:
- The specific pieces of your Personal Information Droproot holds;
- The categories of Personal Information collected about you, sold to third parties, or disclosed to third parties for business purposes;
- The categories of Personal Information sold within the last 12 months;
- The categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information; and
- The categories of third parties with whom Personal Information is shared, sold, or disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information: California residents have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) to opt-out of the sale of their Personal Information under certain circumstances. As noted elsewhere, however, Droproot does not sell individuals’ Personal Information.
- Right to Deletion / "Right to be Forgotten": to obtain the deletion of your Personal Information in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law and upon receipt of a verifiable request.
- Right to Data Portability: to have your Personal Information directly transferred by us to a third-party processor of your choice (where technically feasible; may be limited to situations when processing is based on your consent).
- Right to Non-Discrimination: As defined under relevant law, you have a right to non-discrimination in the Services or quality of Services you receive from us for exercising your rights.
Please contact us at the information in “Contact Us” Section below in relation to exercising these rights. Note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Rewards Programs with Droproot
As part of our “Droproot Rewards” rewards programs (collectively, “Rewards Programs”), we provide discounts and other incentives to individuals who enroll. When you sign up for any of our Rewards Programs, you can make purchases to earn credits and discounts on future purchases. We select and personalize coupons, promotions, and other discounts or offers, based on what you buy and the stores and e-commerce portals you may use. Signing up for the program indicates your consent to the use we need to identify the most relevant coupons, promotions, and other discounts or offers we present to you.
The information we gather about our Droproot Rewards Program members enables us to deliver personalized offers and value to our customers, which helps us establish a relationship with our customers and improve the overall customer experience. The value that we pass on to you through our Rewards program and other promotions is not based in any way on the value of the data that you provide to us. Droproot does not use this information for its own purposes other than providing you with your Rewards benefits and other promotions.
Participation in our Rewards Programs is voluntary. If you wish to opt out Rewards Programs after joining, you can login to your account or contact us via the contact information provided below to disenroll. While we will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under CCPA, if you request deletion of your personal information associated with your Rewards Program account, we may not be able to send you personalized coupons, promotions, and other discounts or offers. For example, we may no longer be able to send or share with you personalized coupon mailers or personalized digital offers.
Direct Marketers Disclosures
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, in addition to the rights set forth above. Under California law, you have the right to send us a request at the designated address listed below to receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of the third parties that received the information; and
- If the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you and attest to the fact that you are a California resident. Please also provide a current California address for our response. You may make this request in writing to us at the below address. Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description, and include your name, street address, city, state and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the address or toll-free number provided for this purpose below.
Note that responsive information may be provided in a standardized format that is not specific to you.
While Droproot encourages you to take advantage of the personalized services on the Websites, you can use most of Droproot's online services without registering your information with Droproot. If you sign up for the Duralast mailing list, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” in the Duralast emails sent to your email address. You can change your information at any time by editing your profile. You may opt out of receiving promotional marketing communications from Droproot at DroprootRewards.com, by calling 1-800-741-9179, or by mailing a letter to the address shown below:
P.O. Box 664
Memphis, TN 38101
Links to Other Sites
Droproot’s Websites and Apps may include links to other web sites or services that are not operated by us. Please note that this Privacy Statement does not apply to those third-party websites that may be linked to our Websites and Apps. This Privacy Statement does not govern the practices of third parties, including our partners, third party service providers, and/or advertisers, even when those services are branded as, or provided on behalf of, Droproot. Droproot is not responsible for and does not control the security or privacy of those sites. Droproot encourages you to visit the privacy notices governing those sites.
All of our Services, including our Websites and Apps, are intended for adult audiences, and are not meant to address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). As such, Children under 18 may not use our Websites or Apps. If you are under 18, do not attempt to register for or use any of our Services, including our Websites and Apps, and do not provide us any Personal Information about yourself.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has violated this Privacy Statement and provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
From time to time, Droproot may modify this Privacy Statement. Droproot will notify you of any material changes to its Privacy Statement by posting those changes on this page and updating the Privacy Statement modification date above. Droproot encourages you periodically to check back to this page for any updates.
Submitting a Verifiable Request to Droproot
As mentioned above, California residents have certain rights to access, delete, or otherwise control the use, collection, and/or disclosure of their information. Droproot will respond to an individual’s “verifiable request” to exercise his or her rights under such laws – that is, where Droproot has received a request purporting to be from a particular individual, and Droproot has been able to verify the individual’s identity. The need to verify an individual’s identity is critical to protecting your information and ensuring that your information is not shared with anyone pretending to be you or someone who is not authorized to act as your agent on your behalf.
USING GIFT CARDS/MERCHANDISE CREDIT
What is the Droproot Gift Card?
The Droproot gift card is a declining-balance card purchased by consumers at any one of Droproots 5,700 stores, and can be used towards the purchase of merchandise at any Droproot store. In some cases, the Droproot Gift Card may be used in electronic form in the form of an e-Gift card. The Droproot Gift Card never expires and does not have any dormancy fees. Click here to purchase an Droproot Gift Card.
What is the Droproot Merchandise Credit?
The Droproot Merchandise Credit is a merchandise credit which is issued in the form of a declining-balance card and can be used to purchase merchandise at any of our 5,700 plus Droproot stores. Droproot Merchandise Credits cannot be purchased.
Where can I purchase Droproot Gift Cards?
The Droproot Gift Card is also available for purchase at any of our 5,700 plus Droproot stores and here on Droproot.com.
What forms of payment do you accept for purchase of Droproot Gift Cards?
Online, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. There is a limit of $200 per Droproot Gift Card. Other tender types are accepted for in-store purchases.
Can I buy Droproot Gift Cards and have you send it to someone else?
Shipping time will depend on the delivery method you select. Visit our Shipping FAQ for more information on shipping.
What is the shipping time?
The Droproot Merchandise Credit is a merchandise credit which is issued in the form of a declining-balance card and can be used to purchase merchandise at any of our 5,700 plus Droproot stores. Droproot Merchandise Credits cannot be purchased.
How can I check the remaining balance on my Gift Card?
To determine the balance available on an Droproot Gift Card or Merchandise Credit, click here or simply visit any of our 5,700 plus Droproot stores and ask a cashier to check the balance for you. Also, we are able to provide Gift Card balances over the phone or online through e-mail or our chat service.
PRICING AND INVOICES
The Droproot gift card is a declining-balance card purchased by consumers at any one of Droproots stores or partner stores, and can be used towards the purchase of merchandise at any Droproot store. In some cases, the Droproot Gift Card may be used in electronic form in the form of an e-Gift card. The Droproot Gift Card never expires and does not have any dormancy fees. Click here to purchase an Droproot Gift Card.
Droproot invoices on the Web Sites attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, Droproot does not warrant that invoices or other content of the Web Sites is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. Despite Droproot's efforts, it is possible due to computer or other error or cause that an invoice provided on one of the Web Sites may be incorrect or contain an inaccuracy. In the event Droproot determines that an invoice is incorrect or contains an inaccuracy, Droproot reserves the right to take any action it deems reasonable and necessary, in its sole discretion, to rectify the error. You agree to notify Droproot immediately if you become aware of any errors or inconsistencies with any invoices provided to you through any of the Web Sites and to comply with any corrective action taken by Droproot.
Droproot does not represent or warrant that pricing or invoices on any of the web sites are accurate, complete, reliable, current, error-free, subject to correction. Droproot is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions relating to pricing, your account invoices, text, or photography.
You acknowledge by accessing any of the web sites that the pricing may not be accurate and that you need to contact your Droproot commercial representative or retail store manager, as applicable, for correct pricing. You further acknowledge by accessing any of the web sites that your account invoices may not be accurate and that you need to contact your Droproot commercial representative or retail store manager, as applicable, for correct account information.
Your Responsibility and Risk
It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise, and other information provided on or through the Web Sites or on the Internet generally. The Internet contains unedited materials, some of which are sexually explicit or may be offensive to you. You access such materials at your risk. Droproot has no control over and accepts no responsibility whatsoever for such materials.
You may submit a verifiable request via our website or toll-free number listed in the “How to Contact Us for CCPA Requests” section below or as otherwise provided on our Websites and Apps (if such means are available). Droproot will ask you to provide information about yourself so that we can verify your identity as part of this process. This information may include your name, your address, your account information, and any other information deemed necessary by Droproot to reasonably verify your identity, to ensure that your information is not shared with anyone impersonating you. Once we have verified your identity, we will work to fulfill your request in a timely manner. Please note there may be some situations in which we are unable to fulfill your request, such as if we cannot find any information about you within your systems. Additionally, we may not be able to honor a deletion request in some situations, such as if your information is necessary to fulfill your order with us or meet a legal obligation. We will inform you whether we can fulfill your rights request.
We may ask for additional information if we have difficulty confirming your identity. We will not share your information or honor other requests in those situations in which we are unable to verify your identity.
Under California law a consumer can appoint an “authorized agent” to make certain verifiable requests upon their behalf, such as the right to know what information we collect about the consumer or to request deletion of the consumer’s information. Because the security and privacy of your information is paramount, we will ask that you identify and provide permission in writing for such persons to act as your authorized agent and exercise your applicable rights under California law in such situations. This may require us to contact you directly and alert you that an individual has claimed to be your agent and is attempting to access or delete your information. We will also independently verify your identity to ensure that an unauthorized person is not attempting to impersonate you and exercise your rights without authorization. We will not share your information or honor any other requests in those situations where you cannot or do not grant permission in writing for an identified authorized agent to act on your behalf, or where we cannot independently verify your identity.
How to Contact Us for CCPA Requests
- By Website: http://droproot.com/contact-us
- By telephone: (716) 303 3735
Individuals with disabilities who are unable to usefully access our privacy statement online may contact us at the above-listed contact information to inquire how they can obtain a copy of our Privacy Statement in another, more easily readable format.
For foods ordered, there is no return
Droproot uses Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology to hide your personal information from other users on the Internet.
Because Droproot has such highly developed security, you must have an advanced web browser to exchange information with Droproot. If you don't have a web browser that works with our Web site, download a free copy of Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer
General Conditions: If for any reason the operation or administration of this Sweepstakes is impaired or incapable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to (i) infection by computer virus, bugs, (ii) tampering, unauthorized intervention, (iii) fraud, (iv) technical failures, or (v) any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award the Prizes (defined below) using all non-suspect eligible entries received as of, or after (if applicable) this cancellation, termination, modification or suspension date, or in any manner that is fair and equitable and best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Sponsor’s Website; or acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the registration in question. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any Prize, including, but not limited to: (i) any technical errors that may prevent an Entrant from submitting an entry; (ii) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (iii) printing errors; (iv) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (v) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any Prize. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Drawing and Notification: The potential First Prize Winners will be selected in four (4) random drawings (one drawing per Entry Period) conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding. Three (3) First Prize Winners (“Winner”) will be selected in each drawing. The Prize drawings will be conducted on or about the 5th day following each Entry Period. Odds of winning a First Prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period in question. NOTE: First Prize entries do not carry over into subsequent Entry Periods. The potential Winners will each be contacted by the Sponsor via phone, email and/or USPS mail.
The potential Grand Prize Winners will be selected in four (4) random drawings (one drawing per Entry Period) conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding. One (1) Grand Prize Winner (“Winner”) will be selected in each drawing. The Prize drawings will be conducted on or about the 5th day following each Entry Period. Odds of winning a Grand Prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period in question. NOTE: Grand Prize entries do not carry over into subsequent Entry Periods. The potential Winners will each be contacted by the Sponsor via phone, email and/or USPS mail.
Prizes and Prize Conditions: There will be four (4) Grand Prizes and twelve (12) First Prizes awarded.
- Each Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) $100 Droproot Gift Card (“Prize” or “Grand Prize”)
- Each First Prize Winner will receive one (1) $25 Droproot Gift Card (“Prize” or “First Prize”)
Total Prize Pool - $700. All other expenses associated with Prize acceptance or usage not specifically mentioned herein are the responsibility of the Winners. NOTE: No substitution, assignment or transfer of the Prize is not permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any Prize component with another of comparable or greater value.
By accepting a Prize, the Winners agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of the Prizes. The Winners will be responsible for all local, state, and federal taxes associated with the receipt of their Prize. The Winners are solely responsible for all matters relating to the Prize after it is awarded. If a Prize or Prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential Winner, if a potential Winner cannot be reached or does not comply with Prize notification instructions within three (3) days from the first notification attempt, or if a potential Winner fails to return requisite document(s) within the specified time period, or if potential Winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate Winner may be selected for the Prize at issue.
By accepting a Prize, where permitted by law, the Winners grant to the Released Parties and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsor and the Released Parties (which grant will be confirmed in writing upon Sponsor’s request), the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide IN ALL MEDIA without limitation at any time their full name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further payment or additional consideration, and without review, approval or notification. IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZES. By participating, Entrants release and agree to hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, death or losses or damages to persons or property AS WELL AS CLAIMS/ACTIONS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY that may arise from participating in this Sweepstakes or its related activities or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of, or any harm resulting from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prizes. The Winners also acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes.
Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants, Administrator, and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s or jurisdiction’s laws. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Illinois; (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorney fees be awarded or recoverable; (iv) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental, exemplary, consequential, special damages, lost profits, other damages, and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (v) Entrant’s remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and he/she waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
Severability: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein.
Miscellaneous: These Official Rules contain the full and complete understanding with respect to the Sweepstakes and supersede all prior and contemporaneous agreements, representations and understandings, whether oral or written. The headings herein are for convenience only, do not constitute a part of these Official Rules, and shall not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof. No amendment to, or waiver of, any provision of these Official Rules shall be effective unless in writing and signed by both Sponsor and Administrator. The waiver by Sponsor or Administrator of any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of any other provision herein. The rights and obligations hereunder may not be assigned by Entrant, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of Sponsor, and any attempted assignment in violation of the foregoing shall be and void. These Official Rules shall be binding upon, and inure to the benefit of, the permitted successors and assigns of Sponsor, Administrator, and Entrant.
Winners List Request: To request confirmation of the name, city, and state of residence of each Winner, please send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope, by May 30, 2022 to: ASC/VS-AZ Gift Card Sweepstakes Winners List Request, 8410 W Bartell Dr Houston, TX 77054